Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yummy Apple Crisp

A few weeks ago I was in the mood for something fruity. So what better than to make an apple crisp.

I have been requested by a friend to post the recipe for it so that is exactly what I am going to do.


Ingredients:

4-6 large apples (depending on how fruity you like it) I used 8 in the following photos
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup quick cooking oats
¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 cup of butter softened to room temperature



Preheat your oven to 375°.

While your oven is preheating, generously grease an 8x8" pan.


Mix together in a medium sized bowl the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and butter until it is crumbly. I used 2 forks.

Before:


After:


Set the mixture aside and begin working on your apples. Peel and core the apples and slice them thin. Try to get them all around the same thickness so they cook evenly. Put them into the greased baking dish:


Once you have finished with the apples sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the top evenly:


Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are fork tender.

Here is what it looks like when done:


Best served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream! YUM!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG that looks so good. Guess what I'm making this weekend. lol Thanks for posting that for me ;)

    ReplyDelete