Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Screaming then sweet!!

So D has been bored out of his mind since summer began, sure we have those days where they are filled with things to do and stuff to keep both boys occupied. D also wants to be a chef one day (well this year). I have also been struggling with him when it comes to eating dinner at night. He is very picky (and rightfully so with a nut allergy that almost killed him) anyhow, I decided to let him help plan the menu and choose what we will have for dinner so maybe he will be more likely to eat.

The first few nights of this went well. He picked what he wanted from the menu and we made that and he ate. Then the struggles began. Tonight was a HUGE pain in the tush. He decided on BBQ Chicken, Candied Carrots and then Monkey got to pick the starch since he doesn't like Candied Carrots but D does. So Monkey picks Mac N Cheese. No biggie right. Every kid loves Mac N Cheese. Not D. He says to me "I am not really a cheese eater mom" Ok no biggie. So we make dinner and take it to the table and D starts in with the waterworks. He is so upset I thought maybe there was a bug on his plate or something. No he is upset because he didn't want that kind of pasta so he is just not going to eat.

I kindly told him that he eats what is made for dinner or he can go to bed without eating (Yes horrid mom I know). It took him about an hour but he finally ate (sans Mac N Cheese) and we went on with our evening.

As D is getting ready for bed and relaxing he comes in and tells me that when he moves out and gets a house of his own that since I like to bake and since I am so good at it that maybe I should go on Food Network and be on a Challenge show. You could win mom, he says.

So I ask...am I alone in that my child goes from Screaming to Sweet within an hour? I can't be alone.

Ahhh the joys of motherhood!

1 comment:

  1. lol, I definitely don't think you are alone in a child that appears to have such mood swings! lol

    ReplyDelete