Monday, August 1, 2011





So I was reading over at http://www.kirstenjoywilson.com and she is doing a Marriage Monday link up. So I am linking up and going to tell you today the story of how Bubba and I began our journey into marriage!


Bubba and I met through mutual friends a few years before we were to start dating. He would say hi to me when we saw each other out and I would say hi back while trying to remember where I met him. (I did alot of partying in those days).

Fast forward to about 3 years later and a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go out with him and some of his friends that night to shoot some darts and have a few drinks. I had no other plans so I said sure and followed him back to his house. We are waiting on his roommate to get home so we are just hanging out and in walks Bubba and the first thing out of his mouth is "Who parked in my spot" I grinned and said.."That would be me". He gave me a look and walked past me along with grumbling something about me taking his parking spot along with his favorite spot on the couch.

So we head out to go play some darts and all night long Bubba ignores me. Acts like I am not even there. HELLO! I was looking damn hot that night thank you very much. So later in the evening I am getting ready to head out since I have to be at work at 5 a.m. and need a few hours of sleep so my friend walks me out. A few minutes later Bubba comes out and tells our friend it is his turn and walks towards me. We talk for about 15 minutes and out of nowhere he kisses me. We exchange numbers and I go on my way.

I talked to him the next day and we decided that since he was leaving in 3 months to go into the military and I was leaving in 3 months to move to Arizona with my family that we were going to just remain friends. The next 3 months we were pretty much together all the time. The week before we were both to leave we went up to Northern Florida to the panhandle area where his parents have a summer home to just spend our last weekend together.

What I didn't know was that he spoke to my dad before we left (awwwwww). On Sunday morning before we were going to drive back home he proposed. He was nervous and sweaty and by the time he proposed somehow we were facing a different direction.

Anyhow, obviously I said yes and we got married 3 months later when he was home on leave on Christmas Day. Yes, I said Christmas Day but that is another post.

Almost 9 years later and we are still tolerating each other.





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Bubba used to be so romantic! What happened?! lol, nah he still has his moments I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhahahha Yeah if he has one anytime soon I will let you all know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW SWEET!! I love that he was pissed that you took his parking spot hahaha How did you plan your wedding so fast?? You amaze me!

    So glad that you linked up! If you want I have a "linky's" thing on my blog and you can put the link right there. More people will be able to see the link and pop on over to your blog :)

    www.kirstenjoywilson.com

    ReplyDelete